Skip to main content

What is going on?

 I've come to realize that a lot of young people have not stayed where they were planted. Some even go to other countries and don't see their families regularly. It's not as if people really planned their lives this way. We often do not end up where we thought we would be but we do always go where God will use us best. Some stay and some go. 

 How do we deal with this? How do we, the people who left, deal with not having the foundational group we grew up with? And how do we, the people who stayed, deal with being "left behind" by those we love? How do we reconcile with the fact that God has decided to plant us in different vineyards in this world? Do we stand before God and ask "why?" or do we bow before Him in worship and adoration because of His great wisdom and love for us, planting us in the soil that is best for us, even though we might not like things about it? 
    
 How amazing of God to give us commands and promises so that we will not be discouraged or angry (and so blaspheme God), but that we would be sanctified more and more and one day glorified in heaven. 
     
 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:9-11 This life is all about God so be still, stop concerning yourself about yourself, and start serving God with a restful heart. 
    
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:26-28 The God who made you, choice you, and redeemed you has everything under control. 

 Trust Him. Don't freak out about where He wants you to be in 20 years, instead, know what He requires of you today and tomorrow, for now, that can be enough. We will wrestle with the big things as He leads us to them.  “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life ? Matt 6:24-32
      
So to each of you, if you stayed or went, I commend you not to loose heart. Trust in God and wait upon His time. You may not know where He is leading you but you do know THAT HE is leading you and so you can rest, be still, and trust Him. Tomorrow, when you get up, you know what you must do. You must go about your daily business, praising God in all things and by His grace you will. Do not be discouraged. You also may not know what He has in store 20 years from now but you do know that someday, if you trust in Him and He has forgive all your sins, that He will take you to heaven.

The final destination is sure, the journey is lead by the One with infinite wisdom, there is no reason to worry.  

(However, if you do not have Jesus as your Saviour there is every reason to worry. You are not forgiven and you will not be going to heaven. God is very clear that no one who sins can please Him and He will only forgive you because of Jesus and Jesus will only ask Him to forgive you if you ask. So please ask! Ask Jesus to forgive your evil deeds and thoughts today and He will. Then you too can have the peace that surpasses understanding and start pleasing God.) 



Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder that God places us in certain places for a reason. I find it so hard to take it day by day and to just trust Him in each moment as He leads me along a path.
    What a joy and encouragement to know that He has plans for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe It's Supposed to Be Hard

We want a whole, happy, calm life. We want to be healthy. In "crunchie" circles, people use essential oils, grow their own produce, and stop using plastics. In Christian circles, there is an idea, an ideology, gaining ground that presupposes a holistic, restful life is possible if one follows the spiritual disciplines of the desert fathers and mothers. Mysticism. Prayer, scripture, silence, solitude, sabbath, fasting, rest, etc. (If you're looking for a couple interesting reads on this topic you could see these books by Jefferson Bethke and John Mark Comer. ) I want a holistic, happy, balanced life. My kitchen contains wooden cutting boards and loose leaf tea. I begin all my mornings with homemade kombucha, prayer, quiet, and scripture. I do Pilates throughout the week and hold the Lord's Day as holy every Sunday.  And I'm tired. And I'm weary.  And I wonder if that's just how it is in this sin-soaked world as we run to Heaven.  After all, the Spirit tell

Being Single is Kind of Like Not Sleeping Through the Night

For as long as you can remember, you have been told that normal people sleep through the night. You've been trained to sleep through the night. The vast majority of your friends sleep through the night. Your entire family sleeps through the night. Everyone at church sleeps through the night. But you don't.  At first, a number of years ago, you were really frustrated about not sleeping through the night, and the frustration was compounded by people consistently asking questions as to your ability to sleep. Have you tried medication? Have you turned all your screens off before bed? Do you exercise? Do you drink caffeine in the afternoon? The fact of the matter is, you do all the things you're supposed to do, but you still wake up in the middle of the night, for apparently no reason.  You're confused and frustrated, so you pray. The next night, when it happens again, you pray. Soon, waking up in the night has changed from a time of frustration to a time of worship and gett

4 Ways to Help Single People

It is very likely that not all single people will completely agree with the list I'm about to share with you, because no two people are alike, but I've heard similar things from single people that I follow online and think it will be helpful to share these. If nothing else, let this post lead you to have conversations with the single people in your life and find out what would  be helpful to them.  1. Hug Them I'll admit, I'm not much of a hugger, but a few months ago another woman I follow recommended to her audience that they begin hugging their single friends and I've been thinking about it since. Now (due to a change in my life) I'm seeing certain friends more often than I had been, and I am also receiving more hugs; this is good for me . In particular, it is good for me that one of my guy friends often gives me a hug when I see him. I don't mean that in a sensual sense, I mean it in a brotherly sense. The quick hug he offers tells me that I am seen, I