Skip to main content

Hi, I'm a Girl

Hi, I'm a girl. Sometimes I wonder if you forget about that. Sure I know how to work hard and get dirty and talk about cars but I'm still a girl. I just thought I should clear up some stuff you might not know or you might have forgotten.

Sometimes I like to dress up. I do my hair and wear heels because it makes me feel pretty (yeah, girls like to look pretty, I think it's because we all want to be princesses). But I don't have to look pretty all the time. When there are gardens to weed and work to be done then I will gladly get dirty and do it, but sometimes it is nice to be pretty. And even if I don't look pretty it's super nice if you open the door for me and help me carry stuff.

I also really like to laugh. A lot of things make me laugh. Life is funny. But sometimes I also cry. I don't always know why I'm crying but it doesn't really matter. And I don't always know what makes it better either. Sometimes I need hugs, and sometimes I need to be left alone. If you try to hug me you will find out pretty fast which one I need. This probably sounds weird but sometimes I just need to cry for no reason; there's nothing wrong and you can't fix anything to make it better because I just need to cry.

Also, I think boys are confusing and sometimes clueless. When you ask me out for coffee and don't clarify why or send me text messages that have pet names like "dear" or "honey" or when you talk to me a lot and give me a lot of attention (like hours a day) and don't clarify your intentions that is brutal on my heart. I read into things. Most girls want to get married and since you're a guy some girl is going to want to marry you (unless you're really weird...but we won't go there). If you're leading her on STOP IT.  If you aren't sure if you're leading her on or just being a good friend (because we do treasure good guy friends) maybe talk to her friends or your mom or your sister or some girl somewhere to see what she thinks.

I like to feel protected. When you walk beside me and listen to me and shield me from physical and emotional hurt that makes me feel protected and special. Yeah...I like that.

I like to have fun. I like to dance. I like music. I like adventures. I like new people. I like discoveries.  I like sunsets. I like flowers. I like it when you ask me stuff. I like walks. I really like flowers. And I like to know that you like me, as an intelligent person who you treasure as a friend. I'm emotional. I'm weaker than you. I might be smarter than you. I'm creative. And sometimes I'm clueless.

I'm a girl. And I want to thank you for being a man, for being different, and for putting up with confusing little me. Thanks for not always talking about cars and for opening the door for me and for making me feel special. It means a lot. Keep it up.

~Girl~

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing and blessing us with your wonderful writing and thoughts :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Actually, I'm engaged

If you are a Christian you are part of the greatest love story every told to mankind. This story begins with God speaking and it ends with an "amen". It's found between the covers of this book called "The Bible" and if you haven't read it I suggest you begin immediately because you will be amazed at the love recorded there. If you are a Christian you are described as a member of God's church and if you are a member of His church you are also part of the Bride of Christ (Ephesians 5). You might say that Israel in the Old Testament was God's church and He made His love story very clear to them as well...though not because they deserved it. Song of Solomon tells the deep, intimate love of Christ for His church and the adoration of the church for Jesus; it's the story of how it should always be . Sadly, in a few books later we read a story that is heart wrenching. Ezekiel 16 is titled "The Lord's Faithless Bride" because this bride, t...

The lost art of JOY

In my parents' household there is almost always someone smiling, laughing, or doing something amusing. This isn't to say that we don't have serious talks and ponder deep mysteries, but in general there is a lightness about their home that is both welcoming and relaxing. This, however, is not a popular trend in today's culture.   The gift of joy, being able to laugh, and finding pleasure in normal every day things seems to have been drowned in the bottomless pit of  work, raising a family, school, money, and stress. Life is busy and I think everyone can agree with that, however, I don't believe the business is the problem. The issue really is selfishness. Sometimes it takes effort, a lot of effort, to step outside of your stressed out, busy mindset and listen to what your child is saying and laugh . Yes, that's right, it is OK to laugh at the silly things that happen.   I believe my father is becoming a master at this art of laughter.  When the...

a different perspective

Henry was walking quickly down the sidewalk one sunny summer afternoon. He had finished his chores and so his mother had let him go out to the park to play baseball with his friends before Dad came home for supper. Henry was quite excited about this adventure but he stopped suddenly when he passed the white church and saw his pastor sitting on the steps with a downcast expression on his normally joyous face.      "Hi Pastor Clay," Henry greeted him as he came to a complete stop just on the other side of the white fence.      "Hello Henry," Pastor Clay's answer was sad.      "How are you today?" Henry asked again, hoping all was well so that he could go play.      "Oh alright," Pastor Clay answered.     With all his might Henry wanted to nod and smile and be on his way...but he couldn't. Instead, he lifted the gate's latch and walked over to the step. Once there, he seated himself beside the pa...